Our introduction this week is from Casey from Boston, MA. If you’d like to introduce an upcoming episode, please reach out to us on our social media , email or at one of our meetups.
In this episode, the gang talks about
- Magic Bound Travel for race weekend hotel reservations (Tell them you heard about them on the podcast)
- 24 Weeks till Wine and Dine
- 33 Weeks till Marathon Weekend
- Rise and Run Hotline for your intros ,questions and race reports.
- Corporate matches for charities
We give update on our friend Andrew the corral singer who was on Episode 77 who recently had a stroke . Andrew is doing well and on the road to recovery. Andrew wrote about the event it in his blog post .
Know The Symptoms of a Stroke
F.A.S.T. Warning Signs
Use the letters in F.A.S.T. to spot a Stroke
- F = Face Drooping – Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile. Is the person’s smile uneven?
- A = Arm Weakness – Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- S = Speech Difficulty – Is speech slurred?
- T = Time to call 911
Our featured guest tonight is Kristen from Living the KG Life . She tells about the charity that is close to her heart the Granara-Skerry Trust that supports the awareness of pancreatic cancer. Kristen talks about how much money she raised fundraising for her charity for Dopey 2023 and gives some ideas to reach your goals. Last we talk about she started her podcast Living the KG Life.
Next up we talk to Mark who you might remember sang the Impossible Dream for us on Episode 65. Mark talks about his charity and some of the great things he as done like, the charity spreadsheet and training graphics for the Rise and Run community. Mark is Running for Gives Kids the World a place that he volunteered at when he lived in the area. Mark’s Charity Link
For more fundraising Ideas check out Episode 52 where we talk about creative ways to fund raise for your charity.
Race Report Spotlight
On the race report this week we head over to Motor City where we catch up with our friend Kristy who ran the Hightail to Ale 5K in Detroit, MI. Kristy give us a update on her return to running from a major ankle injury she suffered the week before Christmas on a training run.
Rise and Run Podcast is supported by our audience. When you make a purchase through links on our site or social media channels , we may earn a affiliate commission.
Magic Bound Travel